beanbag-docutils is a set of extensions to the Sphinx ReStructuredText-based documentation system used by our products to help generate better documentation. Amongst other enhancements, it provides:
- Enhancements for Sphinx’s intersphinx system to provide per-page intersphinx resolution options (useful for pages, such as release notes, that need to link to different versions of the same docs, such as Django or Python)
- Linking code references to GitHub documentation
- High-DPI image embedding
- A role for HTTP status codes
Today’s release of beanbag-docutils 1.8 features:
- Compatibility with Sphinx 1.7 through the latest 3.x (as of this writing, 3.5.1)
- Compatibility with Django 3.x (when using the django_utils extension)
- New documentation, which we’ll be expanding over time.
See the release notes for the full list of changes.