Django Evolution 2.2 is a major feature release, offering new database features, improved compatibility, and several bug fixes.
Django Evolution is our alternative database migration library for Django, which supports a wide range of Django versions and optimized application of database changes. It targets self-managed applications, like Review Board, which may potentially go several releases between upgrades.
The highlights include:
- Compatibility with Django 1.6 through 4.1, and Python 2.7 through 3.11
- Support for conditions, expressions, opclasses, and field lists in Django’s Index classes.
- Ability to change field types in ChangeField.
- Improved settings for defining project-provided custom evolutions.
- Bug fixes for MySQL compatibility, edge cases in SQL generation for indexes, and Python 3.10 compatibility.
The release notes cover the full list of changes in Django Evolution 2.2.