Updated Saturday, 1:50AM PST: We had some issues with one of the new servers, and had to roll some things back temporarily. This is extending our maintenance window. Hopefully nobody will be too badly affected, but we’ll be down until approximately 5AM PST.
We’re making a huge update to RBCommons this weekend. The site will be down for up to 4 hours starting Friday at 11PM PST, as we begin our upgrade to the all-new RBCommons 2.0.
This new update is based on Review Board 2.0, and brings some major improvements to the dashboard, diff viewer, review request change histories, performance, and more. A few of the new features you can expect include:
- Fewer full-page reloads
- Faster load times
- Better, more accurate interdiffs
- Markdown input for all text fields
- Indentation markers in diffs
- Smarter moved line detection in diffs
- A nicer dashboard, which better displays when changes are approved, or if they have pending issues still open
- Bulk-closing of review requests through the dashboard
- Easy posting of existing commits on your GitHub or Subversion repositories, right from the New Review Request page
- Faster posting of changes using RBTools
- Better display of exactly what changed in updates to review requests
- High-DPI icons for those on Retina or equivalent displays
- Review of text-based file attachments
That’s just a few of the features that this release will bring. We’ll go into more detail after everything’s deployed.
On top of this, we’re moving onto much faster servers, which should help with some of the growth spurts we’ve been hitting lately.
So wrap up your work before this Friday at 11PM PST (Saturday, 6AM UTC). We’ll be shutting down the servers for up to 4 hours as we move to the new servers and begin the upgrade. It shouldn’t take the full 4 hours, but we want to allow for any issues that come up.